An angel is said to be a heavenly being.
Uriel. Gabriel, Raphael and Michael were the archangels of the north, east, south and west respectively. Invoking their names was part of a ritual required to bring out the power of an alicorn at the Temple of Purity in Greece.
Anna Mary Jones told her son Indiana that when a good person died, their soul would go to Heaven with the angels and God. When the young Indiana repeated this in front on Thomas Edward Lawrence in May 1908, he was told that that was the Christian perspective and gave him some details on the Muslim, Hindu and Ancient Egyptian attitudes towards the afterlife.
When Jones was hired to locate the Ark of the Covenant in 1936, part of Marcus Brody's reservations were due his knowing that the Bible connected the Ark to Armageddon in the book of Revelation after the seventh angel blows his trumpet.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" → My First Adventure (Mentioned only)
- The Mummy's Curse (Mentioned only)
- The Valley of the Kings (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales