A mail truck pulls up to the curb. A mailwoman gets out of the truck to find Indiana Jones struggling to retrieve something from a mailbox. She warns him that anything that is put in the mailbox becomes the property of the US government. He tells her he hasn't had so much trouble with mail since his time as a spy during World War I. She laughs it off at first, comparing him to James Bond. But Jones begins to tell her the story of how he was a real spy...
Jones finishes his story, and the mailwoman removes Jones' hamburger from the mailbox and gives it to him. As he leaves, Jones remarks that he's always been attracted to women in uniform.
- Sean Patrick Flanery as Indiana Jones
- George Hall as "Old Indy"
- Benedict Taylor as Prince Sixtus of Bourbon-Parma
- Matthew Wait as Xavier
- Christopher Lee as Count Ottokar Graf Czernin
- Patrick Ryecart as Emperor Karl I of Austria
- Jennifer Ehle as Empress Zita of Austria
- Joss Ackland as The Prussian
- Jeffrey Wickham as Colonel Belmond
- David Sibley as Major Delon
- Elizabeth Spriggs as Schultz
- Terry Richards as The Bavarian
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths as Sinister German
- John Ryan as Mister Max
- Gábor Piroch as Killer #1
- Bronco McLoughlin as Killer #2
- Michele Seidman as Postal Woman
- Hamilton Perkins as Imposing Pedestrian (uncredited)
- Produced by: Rick McCallum
- Created by: George Lucas
- Music by: Laurence Rosenthal
- Written by: Frank Darabont
- Based on a story by: George Lucas
- Directed by: Vic Armstrong
"Austria, March 1917" was edited into Adventures in the Secret Service in 1996, and released on VHS in 1999 and DVD in 2007.