Chewbacca was a friend of Han Solo and copilot of the Millennium Falcon. On one instance, they accidentally traveled to Earth in the 1800s, and they crashed landed. Solo was killed by American Indians, but Chewbacca roamed the forest, and was named "Sasquatch" by the natives.
Legends of Sasquatch were passed down by American Indians, and the "apeman" came to also be known as Bigfoot.
However, those sightings ultimately turned out to be a hoax perpetuated by the local sheriff, Hyatt, who was using the Bigfoot legend to cover his murders and secret meetings with the Japanese. Crawford believed she had been saved from falling over a cliff by Bigfoot, but it was actually Jones with his whip. He decided to keep Crawford ignorant of that fact as she had decided to call off her hunt for Bigfoot in a show of gratitude to the creature for her rescue.
Behind the scenesEdit
Chewbacca is a character from George Lucas's Star Wars franchise. Writer W. Haden Blackman had Star Wars crossover with the Indiana Jones franchise in Into the Great Unknown which established that Chewbacca was Sasquatch.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (As 'Chewbacca')
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (As 'Chewbacca')
- Star Wars: Yoda Stories (As 'Chewbacca')
- Into the Great Unknown (As 'Chewbacca')
- LEGO Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick (As 'Chewbacca')
- George Lucas' Super Live Adventure (First appearance) (As 'Chewbacca')