A crocodile is a type of large amphibious reptile, related to the alligator. Crocodiles live in rivers and swamps in Africa and Asia, nesting on land, but often hunting and resting in water. Large crocodiles are able to catch and kill livestock and humans with their powerful jaws and shorts bursts of speed.
Adventures with crocodilesEdit
Indiana Jones encountered several crocodiles on board the Dunn & Duffy Combined Circus train in Utah in 1912, while trying to flee from Fedora and his gang, with the Cross of Coronado. After jumping on board the train, Jones fled into the reptile car, where he was forced to cross a narrow plank, situated above a pit of alligators, while being pursued by Half Breed and Rough Rider. All three crossed the plank successfully.
Crocodiles lurked in the murky river outside of Pankot Palace, and often fed grisly meals from the Thuggee cultists. When Jones, Short Round, and Willie Scott helped put a stop to the Thuggee activities in 1935, several of the Thuggee guards, as well as their leader Mola Ram met their demise in the mouths of the crocodiles.
- Young Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Terror (Mentioned only)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Congo, January 1917" → Oganga, The Giver and Taker of Life
- Indiana Jones Adventure World
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones – "Africa Screams!"
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade junior novel (1989)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade junior novel (2008)
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Sourcebook
- Indiana Jones Adventures
- Indiana Jones Magic & Mysticism: The Dark Continent
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
- The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones