Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Competitor. He was good, he was very good."―Indiana Jones[src]
In 1930, Forrestal was in Sweden searching for a pagan temple. Jones initially believed Forrestal to be one step ahead of him, though Indiana Jones and Dr. Lawrence reached the site first, due to better research.
Four years later, Forrestal met with a man in Shanghai who wanted the archaeologist to assist his organization, the Brotherhood of the Eclipse in finding the Calendar of the Sun, an artifact in two parts believed to have the power to control eclipses.
Drawn to the seemingly centuries-old organization, Forrestal agreed and the group set up a camp in South America near an area littered with the bodies of adventurers who had succumbed to the traps around the mysterious Moon Door which led to the Moon Temple and the Calendar's Lunar Component.
The Brotherhood recovered the piece from its altar but betrayed Forrestal and left him to die in a trap when they flew out to Egypt. It was then that Indiana Jones arrived having fought off Brotherhood members to claim the Solar Component for himself. Jones, and a member of the Adventure Society who had been helping him look for the Lunar Component, rescued Forrestal and the grateful competitor revealed details of the Brotherhood to the pair.
Forrestal disappeared while searching for the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol in Peru in 1935. Upon his disappearance, the National Museum contracted Indiana Jones to follow Forrestal's notes and research so that he could both find out what happened to Forrestal's missing expedition and, if possible, recover the Idol. It was in the Temple of the Chachapoyan Warriors that Jones discovered Forrestal's body, speared by a row of sharp spikes triggered by a source of light. It was one of the many traps protecting the Idol.
- Indiana Jones Adventures: Volume 1 (Mentioned only) (As "Forrestall")
- Indiana Jones Adventure World
- Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (First appearance) (Remains)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (Remains)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark comic (Remains)
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark junior novel (Remains)
- The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones – "Gateway to Infinity!" (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Remains)
- The World of Indiana Jones (Pictured only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook
- Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires (Cover)
- (As "Forestal")
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
- The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones