In April, 1910, aged ten, Hirohito met Indiana Jones who was visiting Japan as part of his father's world lecture tour. Together they went whale-watching before a shark attack forced them to be rescued by a samurai.
Fearing that the Japanese army had grown too powerful after the attack on Manchuria, Hirohito dispatched diplomats to hire people who could recover the Katana of Oda Nobunaga to use as a symbol of his ultimate power without resorting to harsh words against the army.
Personality and traitsEdit
Hirohito was brought up to believe it was his responsibility to take the advice of his cabinet and ministers. On a trip to Europe, he came to admire the constitutional monarchy of Great Britain. The emperor was also a gardener, and could occassionally be seen in his palace in Tokyo from the International Hotel across the street. Some believed this was the role he preferred to have for himself.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Tokyo, April 1910" (Cancelled)
- Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead (Mentioned only)
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Rising Sun
- Indiana Jones Artifacts
- Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales