- "These clay seals... all Eighteenth Dynasty. This one bears the name of the king, Tutankhamun."
- ―Howard Carter to T. E. Lawrence and Indiana Jones[src]
Howard Carter was an archaeologist who became famous around the world for his discovery of the tomb of Tutankhamun.
In January 1919, Indiana Jones, accompanied by Remy Baudouin, encountered Carter again in Alexandria when Jones learned they were staying at the same hotel, Hotel du Nil. Carter introduced Jones to E. M. Forster and tried to recruit Jones to return to archaeology and join his expedition to search for the tomb of the boy king, Tutankhamun. Baudouin reminded Jones of their business in searching for the Peacock's Eye but the foursome brainstormed over a clue to the treasure, trying to determine what the greatest triumph of Alexander the Great was.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" (First appearance) → My First Adventure
- The Valley of the Kings
- The Mummy's Curse
- Young Indiana Jones in the Curse of Kha
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" → Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
- Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First mentioned)