|Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye|
No. of episodes
|First aired||January 29, 1995|
|Last aired||January 29, 1995|
- LaBelle: "Well, Indiana Jones, you got your trophy back. So now tell me, sugar, what's next?"
- Jones: "I'm giving it to the winner of Super Bowl XXIX!"
- LaBelle: "Well that's the right attitude, baby!"
- ―Patti LaBelle and Indiana Jones.[src]
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye was the halftime show for Super Bowl XXIX, held in Miami, Florida on January 29, 1995. It was designed by Disney to promote the March 1995 opening of the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye theme park attraction at the Disneyland theme park in California. The halftime show, as well as the game, were broadcast on ABC.
The Vince Lombardi Trophy has been stolen and taken to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye where temple guardian Patti LaBelle sings "Release Yourself". Arriving on the scene via parachute, Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood recapture the trophy and retreat to a busy nightclub called Club Disneyland where Tony Bennett, jazz trumpeter Arturo Sandoval, and the Miami Sound Machine entertain the patrons.
The club is assaulted by members of the temple and in the ensuing brawl, Jones and Ravenwood get separated with the attackers making off with both Marion and the trophy.
Jones returns to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, and without looking into the Eye of Mara, saves Marion and reclaims the Vince Lombardi Trophy, vowing to give it to the winner of the Super Bowl. In response, LaBelle sings "New Attitude". The adventure concludes with Bennett joining LaBelle for a rendition of "Can You Feel The Love Tonight".
- Indiana Jones
- Marion Ravenwood
- Mara (First appearance)
- Patti LaBelle / Temple guardian (First appearance)
- Tony Bennett / Nightclub singer (First appearance)
- Arturo Sandoval / Nightclub trumpeter (First appearance)
- Miami Sound Machine (First appearance)
- Vince Lombardi Trophy (First appearance)
Behind the scenesEdit
The 12-minute program included 790 dancers, sky-divers, acrobats, fire-breathers and pyrotechnics. The song "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" is from the 1994 Disney animated film The Lion King.
IGN rated Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye as the number one worst Super Bowl Halftime Show ever.