"The skull is a mind weapon. It will open a new frontier of psychic warfare. It was Stalin's dream."―Irina Spalko[src]
Joseph Stalin was the former leader of the Soviet Union.
On the eve of World War II, Stalin was paranoid about Adolf Hitler and so the Soviet police turned a blind eye to Nazi misdeeds. This allowed Colonel Klaus Kerner to steal a copy of the Hermocrates from a Leningrad museum in 1939 and leave unhindered.
Stalin's interests lay in finding out the potential for psychic warfare. As such, he brought in Irina Spalko to search for the Crystal Skull of Akator with which the USSR could brainwash the American military army's minds to gain the advantage during the Cold War.
Spalko continued to pursue Stalin's dream in the years following his death and, in 1957, was known by American forces to be leading teams in a global hunt for artifacts believed to have psychic applications. Spalko eventually found the Crystal Skull but it would be her undoing as the unearthly object took her life.
- The Rule of Russia (Historical Note)
- Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis comic (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull novel (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull junior novel (Mentioned only)
- The World of Indiana Jones
- Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
- Indiana Jones Artifacts
- Unquiet Voices - Russian Writers and the State (Non-fiction source)
- The Russian Revolution - All Power to the Soviets! (Non-fiction source)
- V. I. Lenin - History Will Not Forgive Us (Non-fiction source)
- Indiana Jones Movie Photo Cards (Card: Dr. Irina Spalko)
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide