|Journey of Radiance|
|Released||July 11, 2000|
|Preceded by||Travels with Father|
|Followed by||Spring Break Adventure|
In Benares, the most prominent religions of the worlds gather near the banks of the Ganges. Indy is there, getting a first-hand look at the major faiths with no less impressive a tour-guide than Jiddu Krishnamurti, a young boy handpicked by the Theosophy movement and proclaimed to be the next messiah. Not everyone believes such a weighty claim, least of all Helen Seymour, who has misgivings about theosophists, especially their hosts Annie Besant and Charles Leadbeater. Helen's investigations provide her a lesson in skepticism, tolerance, and preconceptions, while Indy witnesses the divine through the lenses of many different faiths.
The Jones family next heads to Peking, where Indy, Anna and Mrs. Seymour tour the Great Wall of China. Journeying further inland, Indy falls ill, and Anna is desperate to get him help. A poor Chinese family takes in the travelers, and Anna must brave new customs and strangely unfamiliar medical practices -- the kind performed by Dr. Wen Chiu -- if Indy is to survive his severe sickness.
- Indiana Jones
- Charles Leadbeater
- Annie Besant
- Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Hubert Van Hook
- Mrs. Van Hook
- Mr. Mukherjee
- Richard McAllen
- Theosophy attendant
- Sanjeeva Shortstop
- Li Shung Sui
- Ah Pin
- Wen Ch-Iu
- Huang Feng
- James Morton
- Qin Shi Huang (Mentioned only)
- Chinese Debt Collector
- Pete (Mentioned only)
Behind the scenesEdit
- The production crew shot in Shanghai and Beijing on November 3-15 of 1991 and in Benares on February 23 through March 12, 1991.
- Hemanth Rao was chosen for the role of Krishnamurti based on the strength of his school play performances. To date, this is his sole screen credit as he has since pursued a career in engineering.
Companion Historical DocumentariesEdit
- Jiddu Krishnamurti - The Reluctant Messiah
- Annie Besant - An Unlikely Rebel
- Medicine in the Middle Kingdom
- Eastern Spirituality - The Road to Enlightenment