While trying to get a medallion from Marion Ravenwood in 1936, a Mongolian ended up fighting Indiana Jones in The Raven tavern. He hid behind the bar and managed to notice his fellow goon, the Giant Sherpa, accost Indy. This event distracted him from seeing Marion, who knocked him out with a log to the head.
As he came to his senses, Indy had just defeated the Giant Sherpa and Toht had fled the scene. The henchman aimed his gun at Indy unaware that Marion was pointing a gun on him. The Mongolian's life was ended with one shot to the back.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Mean Mongolian was played by Sonny Caldinez.
- In the Raiders of the Lost Ark novel by Campbell Black he is the first to die during the fight because Marion hits him in the head with an axe handle and knocks the Mongolian out.
- In the Marvel comics adaptation of Raiders of the Lost Ark, because the giant Sherpa doesn't appear, the Mongolian is the one who fights with Indy and cooperates with him to shoot and kill the second Nazi with Toht. Then, like the giant Sherpa, the Mongolian resumes fighting Indy, before Marion knocks him out with a log and he is abandoned in the burning bar.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First appearance)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark comic
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ *