This Mercedes-Benz LG3000 was a cargo truck and military vehicle used by the Nazis under the command of Colonel Dietrich. Following the destruction of the Flying Wing, Dietrich opted to drive the Ark to Cairo and fly it to Germany from there.
The Ark was loaded in the back with a contingent of seven soldiers to guard it, but during the drive it was commandeered by Indiana Jones who threw all of the soldiers out. During the ordeal the truck sustained a variety of damages including but not limited to: loss of the passenger's side door, loss of part of the back canvas, and loss of the Mercedes hood ornament and a broken windshield. However, it survived and Jones successfully drove it to Cairo where it was hidden from sight at Omar's Garage.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The truck used in Raiders of the Lost Ark was a mockup built using a GMC CCKW.
- It is drawn in the Marvel Comics adaptation as a generic four-wheeled truck.
- The primary cargo truck used in the filming of Raiders of the Lost Ark, complete with the mounted poles capped with golf balls to aid stuntsmen, is on permanent display in the queue area of Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Disneyland.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (novel)
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Fun facts of Disneyland's Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye see "Digs" heading