Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Rhinoceros (or rhino) is a group of large odd-toed ungulates, living in sub-saharan Africa, India, and parts of South East Asia. They are generally, large solitary grey creatures, and are herbivores, recognizable by their large facial horns. A large white rhinoceros, can weigh well over a tonne.
Adventures with rhinocerosesEdit
Margaret Trappe once wrote on the rump of a rhinoceros.
Indiana Jones and his friend Meto saw a rhinoceros while they trekked across the British East African savannah during Henry Jones's world lecture tour. The sight of two of the seven rhinoceros Theodore Roosevelt had shot on a hunting expedition was an early lesson in conservation for the younger Jones.
Jones crossed paths with a rhinoceros again in 1912, while trying to escape from the gang led by Fedora, with the Cross of Coronado on board a circus train. After Jones escaped the reptile car, he was confronted by Roscoe, on board a car containing a captive African rhino for the circus. Jones fought Roscoe, but their fighting caused a lantern to fall inside the car, which agitated the rhino. It subsequently tore its horn through the ceiling of the car, causing both Roscoe and Jones to back off.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "British East Africa, September 1909" → Passion for Life
- British East Africa, September 1909 comic
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Phantom Train of Doom" → Phantom Train of Doom (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones Adventures: Volume 2: Curse of the Invincible Ruby (Statue)
- Indiana Jones and the Monkey King (Cancelled)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade