Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sultan: "Rolls-Royce Phantom Two. 4.3 litre, 30 horsepower, six cylinder engine, with Stromberg Downdraft carburetor. Can go from zero to 100 kilometers an hour in 12.5 seconds. And I even like the color."
- Donovan: "The keys are in the ignition, Your Highness."
- ―Sultan of Hatay and Walter Donovan[src]
A Nazi Rolls-Royce Phantom II staff car was used by Walter Donovan in Hatay. When offered "suitable compensation" for removing the Holy Grail from within Hatay's borders, the Sultan balked at the chest of gold valuables and instead expressed interest in Donovan's Rolls-Royce, adding that he even liked the color. Donovan, willing to give up his car if it meant obtaining the Grail, politely told the Sultan the keys were in the ignition.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The car used for filming was not a Phantom II, but a Rolls-Royce 20/25 h.p. Barker Saloon.
- In Rob MacGregor's novelization, the car is a Daimler-Benz.
- The real Rolls-Royce Phantom II has a 7.7 L (7668 cc/467 in³) pushrod-OHV straight-6 engine. The engine was unitary with a 4-speed manual transmission. Synchromesh was added on gears 3 and 4 in 1932 and on gear 2 in 1935.