When Indiana Jones, Willie Scott and Short Round found their way down into the Thuggee Temple of Doom in 1935, they witnessed high priest Mola Ram sacrifice a man to Kali. As he was being dragged to the altar he helplessly protested about was happening, he was then placed inside an iron cage. Ram reached inside his chest and removed his heart, but the man continued to live despite that. During the 'ceremony' the man prayed to Shiva, knowing his fate. He was then immersed in molten lava, where his skin and clothes caught fire before he was killed by the lava he screamed in fear and pain through the whole experience. As he died his heart caught fire in Mola Ram's hand as Ram cackled insanely.
Behind the scenes Edit
The chant used by the victim, "Aum Namah Shivaya" translates into "adoration to Shiva."
In LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures instead of having his heart ripped out and lowered into the pit, he is lowered and when he is brought back up alive, he is wearing boxer shorts.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom junior novel
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom novel
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom comic
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Storybook
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Non-canonical appearance)