"Adios, Satipo."―Indiana Jones[src]
In 1936, Satipo and Indiana Jones were the only members of their expedition to reach and enter the Temple of the Chachapoyan Warriors. After a fearful encounter with spiders, Satipo followed Jones in swinging across a pit on Indy's bullwhip. After Jones acquired the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol, the greedy Satipo betrayed him, stole the idol and left Jones to die.
However, Jones chased after Satipo and when he finally reached him, he discovered that Satipo had been killed by a spike trap which protruded from a wall. Jones recovered the idol from his dead guide and continued his escape from the cave.
Jones returned to the temple some years later to find Satipo's corpse still attached to the trap that had taken his life. The archaeologist reproached him for not throwing him his whip and continued on his way.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Lawrence Kasdan's first draft of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Satipo flees the boulder with Indiana Jones, only to be killed by the Hovitos (a fate which would later go to Barranca in the final film).
Satipo appears in the game LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, in which he actually manages to escape from the temple along with Indy, only to then betray him when it is revealed he was working for René Emile Belloq all along (in the movie, is Barranca who betrayed Indy for Belloq). In LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, the Peru sequence is omitted despite Satipo being a playable character.
Satipo, like Barranca, never appears in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! at Disney World. In the stunt spectacular, Indy independently goes to the temple to retrieve the golden idol. In LEGO Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick, Satipo's role is the same like in the movie. However, his fate is altered. When he betrays Indiana Jones and claims the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol for himself, Indy throws the idol in his head, knocking him out, and then continues to escape from the Temple of the Chachapoyan Warriors. It's slight possible that Satipo could have survived and escaped from the temple later, because the boulder left the temple instead of covering the entrance (although he could have be crushed to death by the giant debris of stone).
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First appearance)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark comic
- Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Remains) (As 'Sapito')
- LEGO Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick (Non-canonical appearance) (On television)
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: Bombad Bounty (Non-canonical appearance) (On television)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Illustrated Screenplay
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook
- The Complete Making of Indiana Jones
- Temple Escape