"Adios, Satipo."―Indiana Jones[src]
In 1936, Satipo and Indiana Jones were the only members of their expedition to reach and enter the Temple of the Chachapoyan Warriors. After a fearful encounter with spiders, Satipo followed Jones in swinging across a pit on Indy's bullwhip. After Jones acquired the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol, the greedy Satipo betrayed him, stole the idol and left Jones to die.
However, Jones chased after Satipo and when he finally reached him, he discovered that Satipo had been killed by a spike trap which protruded from a wall. Jones recovered the idol from his dead guide and continued his escape from the cave.
Jones returned to the temple some years later to find Satipo's corpse still attached to the trap that had taken his life. The archaeologist reproached him for not throwing him his whip and continued on his way.
Behind the scenesEdit
Satipo was played by Alfred Molina in the first big film role of his career.
Satipo appears in the game LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, in which he actually manages to escape from the temple along with Indy, only to then betray him when it is revealed he was working for Belloq all along. In LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues, the Peru sequence is omitted despite Satipo being a playable character.
Satipo never appears in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! at Disney World. In the stunt spectacular, Indy independently goes to the temple to retrieve the golden idol.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First appearance)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark comic
- Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Remains) (As 'Sapito')
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: Bombad Bounty (Non-canonical appearance) (On television)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Illustrated Screenplay
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook
- The Complete Making of Indiana Jones
- Temple Escape