The Soviet driver was a Ukrainian, who was not much older than Irina Spalko had been when she first joined the army. He was among the soldiers who accompanied Spalko and Dovchenko to Hangar 51 in Nevada. The alias he used is not known.
He later served as Irina Spalko's driver in Brazil. When Indiana Jones escaped in a duck with the Crystal Skull of Akator, he drove Spalko during the chase through the jungle that ensued. At one point Spalko forced him into the backseat and took over the vehicle herself, hanging on for his life due to Spalko's reckless driving, but later the soldier got back behind the wheel after which they and Jones' party crashed into a nest of siafu. Both he and Spalko managed to escape from their crashed vehicle and run for the safety of the trees, but the soldier didn't make it. Overcome by the ant swarm, he was pulled down and devoured.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The role of the Soviet driver was played by an uncredited Gleb Kaminer in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The character is identified in the film's pre-visualization animatics as Russian Driver.
- His death is slightly different in James Rollins' novelization, in that he dies much sooner. Unlike in the film he is unable to get out of the car before being swarmed and eaten by the ants.
- He doesn't get eaten by the ants in the comic adaptation, because Spalko's car doesn't crash into the anthill. He may have been one of the three soldiers who die in Akator at the end of the comic.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull novel
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comic
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance) (Portable consoles exclusive)