"It's a crummy dive in a Nepalese village nobody would otherwise visit, but the locals enjoy the warmth of the fire and the climbers who hike through here like the company and the booze."―Marion Ravenwood[src]
Marion Ravenwood inherited The Raven following the death of her father Abner, who had bought the tavern to finance his archaeological endeavors. Mohan worked as the bar's enforcer and had been an assistant to both father and daughter.
In 1936, The Raven was burned down when Nazi agent Arnold Ernst Toht attempted to steal the headpiece to the Staff of Ra from Marion. Her saviour, Indiana Jones, and she were pressed for time and saw little reason to search the building's remains for possessions afterward. However, Marion was unaware that Abner, fearing his daughter would try to sell them, had hidden several small caches of artifacts under the building's floorboards that survived the blaze.
Behind the scenesEdit
There was an extended scene at The Raven in Lawrence Kasdan's script for Raiders of the Lost Ark. During Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood's conversation, Marion explains the cause of her father's death and ow difficult her life had been for her the past two years. After arranging the next day's meeting to give Indy the Headpiece to the Staff of Ra, Jones goes to leave, but Ravenwood grabs his jacket and kisses him.
- Indiana Jones Adventure World (Mentioned only)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark novel (First appearance)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders of the Lost Ark comic
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark junior novel
- Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull novel (Mentioned only)
- Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance)