The Thompson submachine gun or tommy gun is a recoil operated submachine gun.
Indiana Jones encountered tommy guns in China in 1935 wielded by members of the Black Dragon Triad and used one of the weapons himself while he and Wu Han chased after a car carrying the kidnapped Mei Ying. Men in the service of Lao Che, including Lao's favorite son, Kao Kan were armed with tommy guns at Club Obi Wan later in the year.
In 1957, Soviet Special Forces soldiers disguised as U.S. Army servicemen used a later variant, the Thompson M1A1, when looking for the Roswell remains at Hangar 51. Indiana Jones, who the Russians had captured to assist them, would later whip one away from one unlucky soldier for his companion, Mac as he armed himself. Mac would then turn his gun on his former friend, revealing himself to be a traitor. However, when Jones dropped his weapon to the ground it fired a shot into the group of soldiers and the archaeologist used the distraction to make his escape.
Behind the scenesEdit
The M1928 thompson was introduced in 1928 was used primarly by gangsters and other criminals throughout the 1920s and 1930s.
The Thompson M1A1 was the primary submachine gun of US forces in World War II, and would remain in service until 1971.
- Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone
- Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones – "Shot by Both Sides!"
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume One, The Early Years
- The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume Two, The War Years
- The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume Three, The Years of Change
- Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide
- Indiana Jones: The Official Magazine 5