Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The current republic is the legal heir of the Ottoman Empire, which in turn was built over the ruins of the Greek Byzantine Empire. Once one of the most powerful states in the world, the Ottoman Empire declined till its defeat in World War I, when it was carved into colonies and spheres of influence by the victorious powers. This humiliation, accepted by Sultan Mehmed VI, led to the rebellion of Mustafa Kemal and the establishment of the Republic of Turkey in 1922. Kemal also expelled the Greek invaders, reached a new (and better) peace treaty with the Entente and profoundly changed the country, imposing an extensive program of laicism and westernization. Ismet Inonu, who succeeded Kemal as president of Turkey in 1938, continued his legacy. In 1939 Turkey annexed the brief Republic of Hatay.
Locations and artifacts Edit
- Grail tablet
- Belsaurius Palace
- Mount Ararat
Notable Turks Edit
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Istanbul, September 1918" → Masks of Evil
- Young Indiana Jones and the Secret City
- Indiana Jones and the Genesis Deluge
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The character in Masks of Evil is just named "Sultan". Yet it's quite safe to assume that this character is Mehmed VI as he was the Ottoman Sultan in September 1918 in real life.