Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Valley of the Kings is a famous Egyptian location of archaeological interest. It was the royal necropolis of the ancient Egyptians, and several tombs of prominent ancient Egyptians were found on this location, including the tomb of the Pharaohs Tutankhamun and Thutmose I.
Indiana Jones first visited the Valley of the Kings in 1908, at which time there was considerable interest from Howard Carter and his team. Jones and his tutor Miss Seymour participated in the exploration of the tomb of the engineer Kha along with Carter, T.E. Lawrence and photographer Pierre Duclos. However, Carter was primarily concerned with discovering the location of Tutankhamun.
In 1913, Jones and his new friend Sallah Mohammed Faisel el-Kahir would be among the first to discover Tutankhamun's tomb while foiling the machinations of Gustav von Trappen, who planned to use the valley as a place to store munitions for an oncoming war. Von Trappen was later killed in an explosion and the two boys kept the discovery to themselves, which led to Carter officially uncovering the tomb of Tutankhamun almost ten years later.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" → My First Adventure
- Egypt, May 1908
- The Mummy's Curse
- Young Indiana Jones in the Curse of Kha
- The Valley of the Kings
- Young Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Terror
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – "Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye" → Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (Mentioned only)
- Indiana Jones Adventure World