Vasquez de Coronado was an ocean-going freighter, and the private vessel of Panama Hat, so christened due to its owner's apparent obsession with Coronado. It sank off the Portuguese coast in 1938 while Indiana Jones fought his henchmen to reclaim the Cross of Coronado, after a large wave knocked one of its smokestacks onto its cargo of TNT, blowing the ship up. Jones and Bill Lawton were the only known survivors.
Behind the scenes Edit
The Vasqez of Coronado appears in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
During the development of the film's script, written by Jeffrey Boam, the ship was named "Hernan Cortes - Lisboa", because the Cross of Coronado was originally going to be the Cross of Cortes in the original script. However, as Panama Hat didn't exist yet in those versions of the story, the sailors would fight Indy independently for their own reasons.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (First appearance)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade novel
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade comic
- Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Non-canonical appearance)